Saturday, March 28, 2009

Injection Day #1

I know, I know, I just posted, but I thought I would break things up a little by starting a new post to report on how things have gone on my very first HCG day!
This morning I had my first shot, which my husband gave me in my "buttock". It felt like a very tiny pinch and that was that!
The first 2 injection days on the HCG protocol are called "load" days. You are encouraged to eat as much fat as you possibly can on these two days. Dr. Simeon's explains that it takes time for the HCG to fully start to work at releasing fat into the blood stream, and the load days are needed to stock up normal fat reserves for the coming days of the "Very Low Calorie Diet" (VLCD) that start on the third day. He says that those who do not "load" sufficiently pay a large price during the first few days of VLCD when the HCG has not yet taken full effect.
Naturally, when I learned about the load days, I was like "OK, this is one part of the diet I will have NO PROBLEM with!" Know what? It hasn't been as easy (or enjoyable) as I thought! I am questioning if I have even loaded enough. I really haven't been that hungry. And I don't know if its the HCG taking effect already or if I am just SO READY to start losing some weight! Most of the things I ate today did have a lot of fat in them, but I wouldn't say I was force feeding myself, which is recommended. Well, tomorrow I will *try* (sigh) to eat all the fat I can.
I have felt fine all day and am VERY excited to be on my way to some serious weight being released from this body! My doctor told me he expects that if I follow this protocol exactly, I can expect to lose about 30 lbs in the next 40 days! Unbelievable, huh?
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment