Tuesday, March 31, 2009

P2R1 VLCD Day 2

Hi everybody!
I have completed my first day of VLCD, and I am still alive. Seriously, I was really scared all day yesterday (which was the VLCD day 1) that at some point I was going to get weak, headache, nauseous, etc. because 500 calories in a day is new territory for me. I had no idea what to expect from my body. And while I *did* have some psychological hunger, I never felt really physically hungry except when it was time to eat. I feel much more confident that this is something I can do again today, tomorrow, and so on.
The great news is that I am down 3.6 lbs! That means that I have lost the weight from my loading days plus an extra pound! I don't expect every day to have such a loss, but what a great way to start this protocol!
For anyone who cares, I will tell you what I ate yesterday.
Lunch: 3 1/2 oz of lean organic steak, grilled on the George Foreman, a small tomato sliced with salt, and a melba toast. For a snack a few hours later I had an apple.
Dinner: 3 1/2 oz of lean organic ground beef, w/ 1 melba toast ground up, 1 T milk and some seasonings mixed into the meat (garlic salt, onion powder, and mustard powder). I also had 2 handfuls of fresh spinach with a couple strawberries sliced on top and balsamic vinegar. After dinner, I took a couple more strawberries and ice and put them in the blender with a little stevia. Dinner was so delicious and satisfying!
I finished eating at about 7:10pm (not supposed to go past 7), and I also had a piece of sugarfree gum in the afternoon, which I am not sure is allowed or not. I did not use any lotion. I didn't use conditioner in the shower, but instead I just sprayed a little of my daughters leave in conditioner, so I could comb it out. I wore powder instead of foundation for makeup. I still used my chapstick... I just don't know how I can possibly give that up. I drank about 100 oz of water, and had to use the bathroom ALOT. All in all the day went really well.
I think the most difficult part of this for me is my emotional desire to eat. I felt sad passing the convenience store I usually stop in on the way to work for a diet soda and sometimes a snack. It kind of feels like I am losing an old friend. There is really no reason for me to go into a convenience store for a very long time, unless I just need a water. And really the only way I can snack is to take something from a meal and use it as a snack, like I did with the apple. But one of the reasons I am doing this is to remove all emotional eating for awhile and alter my relationship with food. I can't expect not to feel any grief about changing things with one of my most reliable and dependable friends!
I think I can do this! I am determined to stay on the protocol as perfectly as I can. More later!

By the way, for those of you who don't know, the name of this post "P2R1 VLCD 2" means "Phase 2 Round 1 Very Low Calorie Diet Day #2". This is how I will name most of my posts so that I can clearly document my progress. And although I am reporting here about the VLCD day #1, I am actually on day 2, but it is still morning. I hope that's not too confusing!

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I saw your blog and thought I'd offer some hints. I've done two rounds and am getting ready to start a third. Here's a link to an awesome blog with good recipes. It helps to have recipes so you dont get so tired of chicken. http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com
    Best of luck to you!
    -Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU MANDI! I appreciate your help! Please feel free to come back and give me any feedback you can. Congratulations on getting through 2 rounds, and GOOD LUCK on your 3rd!!!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete