Monday, March 30, 2009

Injection Day 3, VLCD #1

Hi all!
Today is my first day of the very low calorie diet (VLCD). It is still morning, so I haven't eaten anything, but have been drinking lots of water.
This morning when I weighed myself, I had gained 2.6 lbs during my loading days. From what I have read and heard from others, this seems to be pretty normal and will hopefully come off pretty quick.
Yesterday, I made about 12 portions of chicken and froze them so they are convenient and ready to go when I am busy. I figure I will probably need to do that every weekend while on this strict diet, because I am a very busy person. I made chicken sprinkled with lemon pepper on the George Foreman grill. I also made baked chicken with a coating of melba toast ground up and garlic salt mixed in. I used non-stick cooking spray which I am thinking may not be allowed... I'm not quite sure. It says it is 0 calories per serving though so I hope it won't affect my results. I also noticed after preparing all this chicken that the lemon pepper and garlic salt have *SUGAR* listed as an ingredient! Can you believe that! Garlic salt is my absolute favorite seasoning! I guess I will start using garlic powder and salt to get the garlic salt flavor.
I administered my own injections yesterday and today. I did them in alternating thighs and it was no big deal! Yesterday I didn't even feel the needle go through my skin, and today was just a tiny pinch! So I really have no anxiety now about giving the shots to myself.
Well, that's all for now~! More later!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke,
    How are you feeling? I went to the mama? video on youtube. She said she took the hcg orally. I'm wondering why you aren't. The shot is what freaks me out a bit.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do.
    Love ya,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered doing the oral way, but you have to buy about twice as much of the HCG, so it is double the cost (under the tongue doesn't absorb as much of it as having a shot). Also, you have to leave it under your tongue for 15-30 minutes a day, twice a day. I don't think I would consistently be able to do that. The shots are really really easy. I was scared too before I started doing them. Honestly, I can't even feel the needle when I give the shot to myself in my thigh.
    One thing about the sublingual-SL(under the tongue) method is that people can generally use it longer without becoming immune. With the shots, immunity usually hits around the 40-45 days, and that is why it is limited to that amount of time. You have to wait 6 weeks to start another round because this is the amoung of time it takes for the immunity to wear off. With SL, people can generally go much longer and therefore lose more weight per round. So there is definitely an upside to using orally.
    Also, my doctor said they make a tablet but in his opinion, it is much less effective than the shots. I don't know much about the tablets.
    I am feeling great. I just updated about my first day of the low calorie diet, so be sure to read that. I lost 3.6 lbs! That is enough to keep me going! :) Love ya! Brooke

    ReplyDelete