Monday, June 1, 2009

P3R1 Day 18 (178.8, LIW +1.8)

Well, my "non egg/nut day" seemed to work... I lost 1.2 lbs! ha ha I'm pretty sure its more about me feeling better today and not so sore and achy... less water retention. TOM still isn't here... I wish he would just come already and get done (just so I could wait for him to come again next month, right?)
Tonight I made "mashed potatoes" with cauliflower. So good. Much better than the ones I had at Ruby Tuesdays my first day of Phase 3. I cooked the cauliflower in the microwave, covered for about 10 minutes (2 bags of frozen cauliflower). Then I put them in my kitchen aid with the whisk attachment. Added some butter, half and half, a dollop of sour cream and about 3 egg whites (to get them light and fluffy). They didn't get really smooth like mashed potatoes with the kitchen aid, so I ran them through the magic bullet which did the trick... they got super smooth and creamy. Then I topped with some shredded cheese which melted and wallah... faux mashed potatoes. I think I could always eat those in place of mashed potatoes... they would be really good with gravy. Diego (20 year old son) and his friend showed up unexpectedly at dinner time... I was a little nervous how my little experiment would go over with them. I know they liked them because there were none left after dinner... Diego finished them off. And I made quite a few. They were pretty good... I will be making those again for sure.
I also made sugar free/flour free brownies tonight. They are pretty good, but I have heard they are even better the next day. Jeffrey ate one... he said he didn't like it as much as the normal brownies I make, but he kept eating his until it was gone. Emma ate hers with no problem. Jorge said he didn't like them but he ate 2 or 3 (ha ha). Instead of sugar I used half splenda and half xylitol, pulverized in the magic bullet. In place of flour, the recipe calls for ground flax seed. It has a lot of fiber, so I imagine we won't be having any problems in the bathroom the next few days here in our house... if you know what I mean! (Grandma, you want some?)
Well, time to get the kids in bed and get to bed myself. More later!
ps... In about 3 weeks I am going to be back on the VLCD! I am excited to get smaller!

1 comment: