Thursday, July 2, 2009

P2R2 VLCD #4 (177.6)

Down 1 lb today. This brings me .6 from my last injection weight, which I am hoping (with fingers crossed) to pass tomorrow. I am not counting my losses until I get past my LIW.
Yesterday was rough. I woke up with a migraine. Luckily I had medication that I recently discovered (thanks Dad!) that works like a charm on migraines so it went away pretty quickly. But it just wasn't a good start to the day. I was feeling down and hungry most of the day... I think I was really physically hungry because I overate things like lettuce and cabbage. And I ate 3 grissini's instead of 2. I am wondering if I didn't load with enough fats.... I don't know. I ended up eating 600 cal yesterday... all allowed foods, but just more than I was supposed to.
Last night ended on a better note. I realized that part of the reason I was feeling down was the prospect of eating the same boring foods for weeks on end. I was feeling like there were no treats. So I spent some time online collecting recipes to try that are P2 legal. There are some pretty creative cooks on Happily Thinner After and I am thankful for those who think of ways to incorporate the allowed foods into new recipes! That gave me a bit of a boost. I found a recipe for almond macaroons and chocolate cookies that are P2 legal. I am especially excited to try "Biz's spinach berry smoothie" (spinach, strawberries, cocoa, cottage cheese and sweetener). I can have 2 of those in a day and still have a meal. My sister is probably laughing right about now at what I am getting excited about. I was telling her the other day that red wine vinegar with sweetener is a good dressing. She said "good is relative to what you can have". So true!
I also decided last night that I am only going to commit to the minimum days this diet can be done... 23 days... for right now. A friend made that suggestion (thanks Linda!) and it has really helped me to think that I will only be doing this for 23 days vs 40 something. Actually 19 more days now. At the end of the 23 days I can re-evaluate and keep going if I want to.
Anyway, I better get going for the day! I'll be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. SO , I true, I have forgotten what real food taste like! Congrats on the 1 pound loss!

    ReplyDelete