Sunday, July 5, 2009

P2R2 VLCD #7 (178.4)

Yes, I am up 1.2 lbs from the last time I posted. The holiday turned out to present quite the challenge and apparently I just wasn't up to it! Friday night while we were camping out at the parade route, I caved and ate a piece of pizza at about 11:30pm. I have to be honest... it tasted SO good and when I was finished, I felt satisfied (not hungry) for the first time in a week.

The next day I intended to stick to the diet, but when we were still out at festivities at 2pm, and I hadn't packed myself a lunch, I decided to just take the day off and start again today. So I ate Taco Bell for lunch and a hotdog with all the side stuff (and dessert) at the BBQ with the family. And some stuff in between. I did this knowing that I would be losing a few days of progress.

I really have no regrets about the weekend... it was a relief to just give myself permission to enjoy the holiday, food and all. This was much different than Easter, when I never even considered cheating, not even for a moment (or all of round 1, for that matter)... I don't know why. But I'm pretty sure I will never try to diet on the 4th of July again... at least not this diet!


It's hard to explain but going off protocol yesterday was actually very empowering. It helped me to realize that choosing to do this diet is exactly that... a choice. Each day that I stick to it, I choose to do so, and I *could* stop anytime I want. I am doing this because I want to and because I have an important goal I am working for: a healthy weight. I know it seems a little crazy that my indiscretion gave me the insight I needed, but it did.

It's also a relief to break my perfect no cheating record from last round. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect, and it just isn't necessary (or even healthy).

One more thing that I have realized is that the loading days are a very important part of this diet. I didn't take it seriously this time, and I really truly think that is why this first week has been so hard. In Pounds and Inches, Dr. Simeon says

"One cannot keep a patient comfortably on 500 Calories unless his normal fat reserves are reasonably well stocked. It is for this reason also that every case, even those that are actually gaining must eat to capacity of the most fattening food they can get down until they have had the third injection. It is a fundamental mistake to put a patient on 500 Calories as soon as the injections are started, as it seems to take about three injections before abnormally deposited fat begins to circulate and thus become available....
The time and trouble spent on pressing this point upon incredulous or reluctant patients is always amply rewarded afterwards by the complete absence of those difficulties [hunger!] which patients who have disregarded these instructions are liable to experience [me!]. "

Today I have not had a problem with hunger and I am really hoping that this is how things will continue. I have been on the shots for 8 days now, so the HCG should be doing its job. I hope I can get the weight that I gained off quickly and be moving downward an onward!
Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment