Saturday, May 2, 2009

P2R1 VCLD #34

Hello all. Today I GAINED .8... grrrrrrrrr. Well, TOM did come so it must be related to that, because I have been doing the same old same old ( Grandma! TOM is not an actual person! :) I got some more HCG, enough for 10 more shots, so that is a relief (Grandma! TOM did not bring me the hcg!) So it looks like I will be taking my last shot on the 13th, which is 11 days away. Which means I will be able to eat some different, Phase 3 food starting on Saturday, the 16th. I am nervous but really looking forward to P3. I have been collecting recipes that I am excited to try. I am really missing cheese, salads (with more than one veggie) and bread. I know bread is not an option in P3, but I have found some substitute recipes for bread-like things. For example, cauliflower can be made into pizza crust and breadsticks. There is a recipe for a bread-like item called "Oopsies" in which the main ingredients are eggs and cream cheese... people say this recipe is good for pizza crust or rolls, so you can have a "sandwich". I am getting a little burned out by my P2 options. Tonight, though, I am going to venture out and try something new. My protein for dinner will be 1 egg and 3 egg whites. But I am going to save the whole egg for my treat after dinner and make a P2 legal "pound cake", and then eat my strawberries with it. The "cake" is made by separating the egg and beating the whites until they are really fluffy, then beating the yolk with a little powdered milk, stevia, cream of tarter and lemon extract, blending the white and the yolk together, and baking. It sounds so good and I think it will be good for me psychologically to try something new. I'll let you know how it goes! (maybe I'll be ambitious and get a picture of it to post! :)
Hmmm, what else? I made a delicious soup yesterday for lunch... so good that I had it again today. I browned 100g lean ground beef, then added about 1/2 bag of shredded cabbage (picked out the carrots) and boiled it all together until the cabbage was tender. Added garlic salt to it and wallah... it is a new favorite. I haven't eaten much cabbage on the diet, so I hope that didn't contribute to today's gain. But it is rainy and cold today, and I am really wanting comfort foods, so I went ahead and took a chance and had it again. I made enough for Jorge and he liked it too... with some hot sauce added in of course. And a tortilla on the side. Oh, how I would love to eat a tortilla!
Well I think that's about all for now! Later...

1 comment:

  1. ohmy! Please let me know how the "pound cake "turns out, I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete