Tuesday, May 5, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #37

Down 1.8... yeah! This loss makes up for the gains over the weekend, plus some! The new total is 25 lbs. Hopefully losses will be the trend for the next 8 day left of shots. I think *maybe* I will make it to 30 lbs (crossing fingers and knocking on wood). We'll see and I'll try to be grateful for whatever else my body gives.
So I know I have mentioned that I have been reading a lot about the next phase of the diet, the no carb/no sugar 3 week phase. I read something yesterday that left me feeling a little disappointed. I have learned that the best way to transition to Phase 3 is to increase the amounts of the foods I have been eating on Phase 2, and introduce one new food at a time. This helps to identify which foods may cause problems. I guess that's OK, except that I was really wanting to try some of the new recipes and have a treat next Saturday, like coconut bark or low carb cheesecake. I still don't know what I will first introduce... I am thinking maybe cheese because that is what I am missing the most (well, besides bread, which won't be introduced until Phase 4!) Anyone out there who has already been there, done that, I would love feedback and advice about how to have a successful P3. I am going to do the "Phase 3 Bootcamp" on Happily Thinner After's website, which means that I will be checking in everyday with my weight and what I have eaten for the day. This will help me be accountable and also identify problems as they may arise. I am also planning to start going back to the gym on Phase 3. I can't wait to exercise again. I miss running.
I think that's all for now. Here's to hoping tomorrow brings me a little bit (or a lot) closer to that 30 lb mark! Have a great day everybody!

1 comment: