Friday, May 22, 2009

P3R1 Day 8 (178.4, LIW +1.4)

Went up a pound today, but still within range. I am being more careful today. Yesterday I ate a lot more than I should have... I had to travel for about 3 hours for work, and driving for that long gets boring, and boring means I want to eat! (How to change that?) Something interesting... I was getting tired during the drive, so I decided to get a caffeinated soda to help wake me up. I got a diet cherry coke and took a few sips... and then my stomach started feeling uncomfortable, and I got the hiccups, which I couldn't get rid of. I realized that my body really wasn't liking the soda (even though my taste buds were)... so I stopped drinking it. Its crazy, because I used to drink soda instead of water... a lot of it. I am so glad to be "clean" from it and more aware of how it really affects my body.
Today I am trying some new recipes. I have pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the oven right now (doesn't THAT sound yum?) Yesterday I managed to limit myself to 2 cream cheese muffins that I have in the freezer, but they are almost gone. I have heard rave reviews on the pumpkin kind. I made some riced cauliflower that I am going to somehow incorporate into our dinner of stuffed peppers (might add into the stuffing mixture, or serve on the side somehow). Riced cauliflower is simply a head of cauliflower that I grated, then covered and cooked in the microwave for 8 minutes. Amazingly, it is light and fluffy like rice, and apparently takes on the flavor of whatever it is served with. How cool is that? For breakfast this morning I had Hot Pumpkin "Cereal"... it is made of ricotta, an egg, pumpkin and 2 T. flaxseed. It was so so so yummy, and really did have the taste and texture of hot cereal. I put 2 T of half and half on it along with some sugar free maple syrup. I will most definitely be eating that again... usually I want something sweet for breakfast, and it was sweet and very filling. Oh, and one more thing I recently made were "oopsie" rolls... they are made of separated eggs (with the whites beaten stiff... this gives the rolls their structure), and cream cheese. Last night I had a hamburger on two of them and they really are a decent substitute for bread. Today I had a chicken salad sandwich on them, yum!

2 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of the cauliflower rice. I wonder if I could make "fried rice" with that. hmmm...

    I asked Ranae and she told me that chapstick was out but Carmex was fine. I meant to find out why but I got side tracked.

    Your doing great ... hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used chapstick the whole time and doubt I could have had much better success without it... but everybody is different! I hate Carmex... puts a yucky taste in my mouth!
    I did see a recipe for fried rice with the riced cauliflower...it pretty much looked like just using the cauliflower in the recipe the same way you would rice. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete