Saturday, May 9, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #41

I am down .4 today, bringing the grand total to 27.6... I am happy for this loss and really wasn't expecting it. Last night I was feeling more munchy than usual, and I ended up eating more chicken than I should have. I had my portion at dinner, but as I was cleaning up, took several more bites of the leftovers. I also ate both of my fruits yesterday, because I felt I needed something else to eat last night.
Today is going to be fun. My mom is taking us (my sister and sisters in law) for pedicures and out to eat. This is something she has done for us for Mother's Day for several years. I know, how turned around is it that she takes us out. Thanks Mom! Just another reason you are the best! Anyway, its really fun, and I love me a pedicure! I will take my own oil free lotion this time... I hope the pedicurist doesn't think that's too weird! We are going to Sizzler for lunch, where I will be able to get food off the salad bar. I might order a steak, but more likely I will have boiled eggs from the salad bar along with a veggie and some type of fruit.
A week from today I will be on Phase 3! I have been following the group of Phase 3'ers on Happily Thinner After, and am feeling more and more confident about how to proceed into this new territory. It is helpful to see how others make this transition, and to know what obstacles to expect. I am so glad to have this resource... if I didn't I think I would be scared to death! The last thing in the world I want to happen is to gain this weight back! And I won't. I will do everything I can and tweak whatever it takes to get it right, so I never have to go back to where I have come from! One huge perk of the way this diet works is that it's like starting over with how I eat. Of course, I carry with me my history and habits. But I have now been eating "clean" for 40 days, and this is a great opportunity for me to slowly reintroduce "new" foods and really see the effect they have on me. Then I can figure out my long term maintenance accordingly. I *know* I was in a terrible cycle with my high sugar diet... looking back, it seems like I was always looking for my next sugar fix. Even when I lost a lot on Weight Watchers, I can see that I constantly manipulated my points to incorporate the junk food, and in turn I was depriving my body of the nutrition it really needed to function optimally. While I think I will *always* have a sweet tooth, there are much healthier ways to enjoy sweet food, and I am determined to implement those healthier new ways. My main goal is to eat a diet of highly nutritious, whole foods. I think that the more whole and unprocessed food is, the more satisfying it is... and I mean truly satisfying. Not the instant gratification that highly processed foods give, but the satiation and health that whole foods give our bodies. I have a lot to learn and figuring out how it works is not going to be a quick process but I say bring it on! I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. Love your outlook and positive attitude as you get closer to P3. Congrats on your losses!!

    ReplyDelete