Saturday, May 30, 2009

P3R1 Day 16 (179.4, LIW +2.4)

Sorry people, I know I have been missing in action. I got really busy, and then yesterday, I just plain didn't want to post because I was upset (you'll find out why) and then today was busy again! The good news is, I got my garage cleaned out! If you have seen it, you know that is a HUGE accomplishment! We still have a lot of stuff out there, but now it is all nicely organized and there is space for the cars. My favorite thing about having it clean is that it will be easy for the kids to go in there and get their bikes, scooters, etc. But boy am I tired!
On to weightier matters (ha ha pun intended). 2 days ago, my weight stayed the same as it had been for the two days before that, which was a good thing. I was actually starting to feel like I was getting stable and feeling happy about that. Then, I woke up yesterday morning to find that I had gained 2.8 pounds overnight! Yes, you read that right, 2.8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was 4.4 over my last injection weight and I was freaking out not just a little. I knew that TOM was on his way (he still hasn't arrived) but I really couldn't believe he could really have the big of an effect on me. Anyway, I did an egg/nut day yesterday and had a 2 lb loss this morning. But I'm still over 2 lbs... you aren't supposed to do 2 correction days in a row, but in between do a day of "clean" eating meaning you stick mainly to the items eaten on phase 2, but in larger quantities and adding fats to them. So I have done pretty well with that today... had eggs for breakfast and dinner (cooked in butter). For lunch I had a noodle-less lasagne that I made the other day (eggplant is used in place of the noodles and it is GOOD)... that wasn't totally "clean" because of the cheese but I ruined the chicken salad I was making for lunch by accidentally pouring about 1/2 c of minced onion into it... yuck. Anyway, we will see what tomorrow brings and roll with it. I'm still not completely sure if the gain was just from TOM... I know that must have something to do with it, but I also have not been feeling the best this week, and I noticed last night that I have some cold sores in my mouth which I get when I am sick, stressed, etc.... so maybe being sick or stressed contributed. I don't know.
I am really tired and have a headache so I am going to go for now... but I will really try to get back on in the morning and do an update! Tomorrow shouldn't be so busy! (day of rest, right?)

3 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading about your journey on the HCG. I am getting ready to start the diet tomorrow but was curious as I read this last post, what is an egg/nut day. I have read alot about this diet but this is a first sor me on hearing about this. Really your story is inspiring so thank you for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great and if you know you haven't been eating bad things will level off... I imagine its just water!! Keep up your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,
    An egg/nut day is something that the people over at happilythinnerafter.com (HTA) came up with... one of them wrote an 3-book about various ways to correct weight besides just the steak day, described by Dr. S in his manuscript. Egg/nut day is a day when you just eat eggs and raw nuts. If you go to the HTA website you can read more about it... Good luck starting the diet! You are in for an adventure! Thanks for following along with my blog.
    Blondie-thanks for the encouragement... I am pretty sure factors other than what I have been eating are definitely playing a huge part in the recent gains, so I will just keep on keepin on and hope I can get them off!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete