Friday, May 1, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #33

.2 gone today. At least its a loss. How I would love for the scale to be moving the way it was last week! But I will take what I can get.

I had a rough day yesterday. Nothing to do with hcg or the diet... I just started realizing (again) how busy I am (especially while I'm in school) and how it takes so much time away from my kids and things I want and need to do for them. I had a meltdown and decided for a few hours to quit school. After a good cry I decided that was probably not a decision I could make without a lot of thought and consideration... so no, I have not called and withdrawn from my program. And I have time to decide if there are ways to manage the needs of my kids better while I am school, different than I have been doing the past year.
Anyway, the reason I tell you this is because I got a good glimpse into the comfort I get from food. During my crisis, I wanted so badly to stop somewhere and get something warm, gooey, and cheesy. I was on a road trip and passed restaurant after restaurant, all the while looking down at my cold chicken and asparagus that I had brought for dinner. In the end I ate the dinner I brought, and cheated (a tiny bit compared to what I really wanted) by buying some orange flavored trident, and chewing on 6 pieces as I drove. It's sugar free but still has about 5 calories a piece.
I decided to lower the dose of my hcg to make it stretch longer, but I am still worried because today when I drew it all into my syringe it still looks like its only enough for 4-5 shots. Tomorrow I will skip because I always do on Saturdays. I hope TOM gets here today... crossing my fingers.
More later!

6 comments:

  1. You better clarify who TOM is for your Granny P. She thinks it's the guy you get your HCG from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing and the kids want to know why... TOM is Time Of Month Grandma! And yes, he did come today! I'm still laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, The one that I had problems with delivery on is drugdelivery.ca so if you decide to go it on your own use alldaychemist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! It's nice to be able to learn from your experience! I think I figured out why the amount of water is so different between the two... it must just be a lower concentration and that is why you inject more. I still don't know why the concentration would vary, but I don't think it matters. I know that sounds pretty simple but it dawned on me while I was driving home. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke, as you know i've been following your blog and you have helped me a great deal. I was weak todoay and had a non-fat yogurt. I'm on P2VLCD11 and have lost only 7.2 pounds in 11 days which seems on the slower side from what others have been losing. anyway, i'm fear i will now gain with the minor slip up. Any advise?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karenas,
    If you are close to your goal weight (like within 20 lbs or so), I hear that people tend to lose a lot slower. However, 7.2 lbs in 11 days is above the overall average for women (.5 lbs a day)... so far you have lost .66 a day. That is awesome! I know its hard but try not to compare yourself to others losses... everybody's body works different and yours might just be slow and steady instead of losing a lot right out of the gate.
    As far as the yogurt goes, you may have a couple days of no losing, but if you stick to the protocol you *will* start losing again. I know those who have had cheats worse than that and although they did have to pay the price for a few days, it didn't end up disastrous in the end.
    Do you have a blog? If so I would love to follow your progress.
    Thanks for reading my blog. I'm glad it's helped you!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete