Tuesday, May 26, 2009

P3R1 Day 12 (178.6, LIW +1.6)

Today the scale registered a 1.2 loss from yesterdays egg/nut day. Although it turned out to be an egg/nut/steak day. I was feeling really hungry all day (I think TOM is on his way)... I ended up eating 2300 calories! And instead of just eating almonds, I also had some macadamia nuts, which were so yummy. I am happy with that loss (especially with eating that much!), but I am going to be very careful today with the dairy and see if I can get a little lower.
I did some research yesterday about the high fat diet, because Jorge expressed some concern about it on Sunday. I understand the concern; eating a high amount of fat is really so counter-intuitive to all that I have ever believed about how to eat healthy. I decided I need to educate myself about this to decide how I want to eat long term, and how I want to feed my family. Of course I have only just begun my research, but I did read what I thought was a very good and informative article about fats and what they do in our bodies. It is very long and gets down to the nitty gritty details about the chemical make-up of different fats, and the chemical and biological processes in our bodies that require fats... but I think it is a very good read. Here's the link if you are interested... "The Skinny on Fats" by Mary Enig, PhD.
Well, its off to work I go today so I need to wrap this up. Have a great day and yippee for a short work week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke - So, I started P3 adding the fats back into my diet and relied heavily on coconut oil. My body loved it for about the first week and I ate a TON of it (a batch of coco-crack in 2 days - sounds familiar huh). Well, by time I was well into week 2/3 I was tired of the coco-oil and I just watched what I ate. My problem in the past was chips, ice creams, mocha's, etc.. I quite eating it and I was fine. One way I decided to eat was the "Eat Right For Your Blood Type". As a blood type O it is recommended I stay away from dairy, wheat, potatoes & corn. For the most part, I did and it worked wonders. You are doing a great job and it is great to hear that Jorge is so supportive of your venture and willing to ask questions and voice concerns. Its great to have the extra support. You are doing fantastic! Have fun in bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete