Sunday, May 17, 2009

Phase 3 Round 1 Day 3 (P3R1 #3)

Hi everybody. So sorry I missed posting yesterday. I have been busy, and yesterday I just didn't feel like writing because I was a little down. When I weighed yesterday morning, I was 179.2 (177 was my last injection weight, so I was 2.2 lbs over). So yesterday, since I exceeded the 2 lb threshold, I had to do a steak day. It was frustrating that the first day of eating on phase 3 caused me to gain so much that I needed to do the steak day, but hey, it i happens. Luckily, steak day worked, as this morning I woke up to a 1.4lb loss, to 177.8 (.8 over LIW, which is acceptable).
Phase 3 is more challenging than I expected. During Phase 2 (very low calorie diet) all I could think about regarding phase 3 was all the food I could eat and how great it would be. But I feel really full and heavy a lot of the time (this is so different from the low calorie part, where I always felt light and never really full). I worry from day to day that the scale is going to go up too far. I am sure this will get easier as time goes on. I am so glad I have the bootcamp on Happily Thinner After. It is very comforting to have a group there that are all in the same boat that I am. It is also so nice that they have people with a lot of experience mentoring those like me who are new at this.
Today I ate cheese for the first time since starting the protocol (besides the cottage cheese that was allowed). Lots of people have problems with cheese so it will be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow.
Well, I have to go get some stuff done before bed so I think that will be all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Try maybe an induction type atkins diet. The atkins website has lots of menus. Stay away from grapes and the cocunut bark until after the first two weeks. I don't have experience specifically with phase three but I have done atkins many times. I am glad the steak day helped!

    ReplyDelete