Friday, May 8, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #40

I am doing a happy dance today, I am 1.2 down which took me into my next "decade". I woke up at 4:30am to use the bathroom, and of course weighed myself. I had crossed into that new decade even then (although I lost .8 more before I officially weighed later in the morning). Anyway, I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep. So I have been awake since 4:30am!!!!!
My total loss is now 27.2... only 2.8 from my goal to lose 30lbs this round. Woo hoo! I *think* I'm gonna make it! I am 5 lbs from the "overweight" BMI (as opposed to being obese)... I am not counting on that much more, but, hey, it *could* happen.
I made the P2 "pound cake" last night for dinner. I needed something different, and it was pretty darn good. I added lemon and almond extract which gave it a really good flavor (anyone who knows me knows I LOVE lemon!) I cut up strawberries and put them on top. Yum. I might have it again for lunch today. I know, I said I wasn't going to eat *any* fruit yesterday but I couldn't resist. The strawberries are just so good right now.... wow I can't believe I still love strawberries after all I have eaten!
Even though I have been feeling burned out of this diet, the fact that I am back in losing mode and the fact that I will be done with this part a week from tomorrow really helps me stay motivated to do it right. Sometimes its hard to see the forest through the trees, but what has happened to my body in the past 40 days has been truly amazing. I am so glad I decided to give HCG a try. Even though I want and need the 6 week break, I am so looking forward to the next round because then I am going to be entering weight territory that I have not been in for years. And that is exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! XOXO- www.cb9094.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brooke- that is so exciting. I can't wait to talk with you more in person about everything when we come in June. You have truly been devoted to this and that takes a lot of willpower. Good job!
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete