Monday, May 4, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #36

Hey everybody...
Today was a loss of .4... which is good and bad. I am still 1.2 up from Friday, hopefully the scale will keep moving down in the next few days to get rid of that weight and then some. But at least it wasn't another gain! I don't know that I could take that right now!
I am feeling so done with the diet its not even funny. I am sure when I start to see losses again, and hit some more milestones, I will feel differently. But right now its feeling really old! Feeling this way the past few days makes me wonder if I will do this long of a round again... maybe a few more rounds of 23-30 days would be better? (by the way, people, I am not questioning *if* I will do this again. I *will* do it until I get all the weight off... I am just rethinking how). I don't know, and I surely won't decide today.
So I made a BIG mistake yesterday. We BBQ'd last night. Jorge had a friend here from out of town that we had over for dinner. I took chicken breasts out of the freezer and marinated them (in completely legal stuff), but they were still frozen when I stuck them in the marinade. I was lazy when it came time to grill the chicken, so I didn't bother measuring out my portion. I figured, I have done this long enough to know how much chicken I am supposed to have! Well, with a guest at the table, I didn't want to make a big deal about portioning out my chicken before putting it on my plate, so I just took a whole piece and cut off what looked to me to be the right amount (and left the other part on my plate). So I ate "my" part, but the other portion just called out to me, and before I knew it, I had eaten the WHOLE thing! After dinner there was one piece of chicken left, similar size to the one I ate. So I decided to weigh it. Keep in mind I am *supposed* to have 3.5 oz BEFORE cooking (so that means it is even less after). Well, that piece of chicken weighed in at 7 oz, cooked! I had a sinking feeling in my stomach realizing that I had at least doubled my portion of meat! I was trying so hard yesterday to stick to the diet to a T so I could see some good results today! It turned out that my calories were still below 500 (thankfully, since no breadsticks and only one fruit), so I did feel a little better after I did that tally. I also had very low cal veggies yesterday (spinach and cucumber), which helped keep the calories down. So there's my confession.
To my credit, I made potato salad, rice, and brownies for dinner that I didn't touch. The brownies were a challenge. Very difficult. They were made from a Lehi Roller Mills mix and they look(ed) and smelled SO GOOD. But not even a small taste for me. I had strawberries instead, as I watched my family eat those very rich chocolaty brownies with ice cream. Do you feel sorry for me yet? ha ha
Well, folks, I think that is about it for today. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some good news to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment