Monday, May 11, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #43

Good morning everyone...! The sun is shining and it looks like another beautiful day! I love spring.
I also love it when my body lets go of weight! Today I had a loss of .6, bringing the total to 28.2... I'm getting a *little* nervous as I only have 2 more days to weigh in to get to my goal of 30 lbs. I am *so* *so* *so* close! 1.8 lbs more~ please body please! I don't know why it feels so important to get to this number, I just really want it! I am going to be very strict today and tomorrow... and drink lots and lots of water! I am still a little sore from the yardwork over the weekend, so I *could* still be hanging onto some water. Regardless of whether I lose any more on this round though, I know I have come so far in the past 6 weeks... whether my final number is 28.2 or 30 lbs, the positive changes are all still there. I am thrilled with the results of the HCG protocol and I am *so* glad I followed my intuition to try it.
Well, I better go give myself a shot! Only 2 more left after today... hmmmm that's weird! I've gotten so used to that being part of my morning routine.
And to finish up this post, I would like to share some words of wisdom that my dad has shared with me on many occasions... "Don't put beans in your ears!" and "Always remember, wherever you go, there you are" (Love you dad!)
More later...

6 comments:

  1. And of course, my best quote of all (stolen from I don't know who): "It's just more proof, as if we needed it, that people are no darned good!"

    Way to go on your protocol, you are amazing, girl! Wear a gardenia behind your left ear when I get home so that I'll be able to recognize you, OK?

    Love,
    Yer Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you make it to 30 ( but 28 is great too! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you make your goal. Congrats on your success so far! Your father is a wise man. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Brooke, you are almost there and you CAN do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke,
    You seriously are my inspiration. Today is my P2R1DAY11 and this diet is great,but hard, as you know. I don't know if i will ever feel like they say you're supposed to (never hungry). does that really happen? I mean I feel irratable, in a fog and not so great. I read your blog daily for the inspiration and you seem to be one of the only gals that truly doesn't cheat or deveate from the diet. Thanks for all your great input.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arenaskelly,
    Thank you so much for your comment! I am glad my experience is something that is useful to you. The diet is hard, but for me it was psychological and not physical. I really wasn't hungry, but it did take me a great deal of mental energy to keep my head in the game. The way I did that was I read a lot of blogs (sounds like you are doing that) and was kind of obsessive about the whole thing. Now that I am on Phase 3 I have been able to focus a little less on my "diet" but its still a big part of what I think about every day. Anyway, I didn't necessarily feel in a fog like you described, but I did feel like it was hard to focus on anything but losing weight because of all that mental energy going to it. I hope that makes sense.
    If you are physically not feeling well, I would suggest making sure your HCG is working, like testing it with a pregnancy test. Without potent HCG, this diet is very unhealthy and you don't want to do that to your body.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete