Thursday, April 30, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #32

Good morning everybody! Today I had a loss of .6, the total is 24. The average so far is .77 lbs/day. Not bad!
I am concerned because as I was doing my shot today, I realized that my hcg is looking really low. I drew as much of it as I could into the syringe to see how much it is. It looks like it is only enough for 4-6 more shots. According to what the doc told me when he prescribed, there should have been enough for *50* shots. I have only done 31 so far (because of the one day a week skips). I don't know if I mixed it wrong or if I have used too much on each shot? I have tried to be so careful in measuring it everyday.
I wanted to take the max of 40 shots this round (as per the protocol) but its looking like maybe that's not going to happen. I hope I'm wrong. I drew up as much as I could but there was still some left and its hard to say how much. The main thing I am worried about is that my period should be starting any day now. I have read that ending the shots during that time can make it really hard to stabilize in Phase 3. I don't really know why, but many have had that experience. I felt confident that I wasn't going to run into that problem, having 2 more weeks to go. I'm not sure what to do! I wish it would just start already! It's 28 days since my last started... but lately it has come as late as day 35! (I've had a few pregnancy scares because of it!) If anybody out there has any advice for me I would love some guidance! I wish I could just go get some extra hcg easily, but it takes time no matter how you get it. Unless my doc would just give me another prescription. But I don't know if he could prescribe me just a little bit, and to get a whole prescription just for a few extra shots would be a big waste of money (the hcg probably wouldn't stay good until my next round in 6 weeks).
Anyway, I will try to figure this out and let you know what I decide. Have a great day everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, I will give you some if you run out so that you can get to the 40 days.
    Congratulations on your loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations on all your losses! :) Good luck with finishing it up. That's kinda weird that there's not enough ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angie! Yeah, the not having enough is a mystery to me.

    Beth,
    Can you e-mail me your e-mail and/or phone number? bibanez@utah.gov Thanks!

    ReplyDelete