Saturday, April 18, 2009

Brooke to her body

A fellow HCG'er wrote something similar on her blog awhile back when her weight was going up, down, stalled, whatever... when I read it, I got all choked up because I identified so much. I asked if I could cut, paste and have the same conversation with my body, with a little of my own stuff added in. Well, today's the day...

Brooke to her body-
I love you because you have nurtured and grown 2 beautiful children that bring me so much joy. I love you because you are strong and healthy, even when I constantly abuse you. I even appreciate you for your efforts to save me in the event of famine, by putting calories safely away into long term savings. I know that everything you do is in an effort to ensure my survival.
Body, you probably don't have a lot of reasons to trust me, but I'm telling you, I've had enough and I know you have too. Trust me, and I will trust you to release the weight which no longer serves either one of us. It's time. We deserve better. I love you, even if in the past I've not always expressed that. Release with me.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty amazing blog... so true! Our bodies have done so much for us, in spite of us! thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - I love it. You are really making this protocol work for you! Trust me; forty pounds later, it is SO worth every challenge. Friends and family won't believe how different you look, you'll be shrinking right out of clothes that used to be tight... It is absolutely amazing! Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brooke -

    It is so nice to see others blogging about their experiance on HCG. It is such a powerful thing to see others who are having the same issues as you...ups, downs and arounds :) Have you joined happilythinnerafter.com yet? If not, you should check it out. The whole site is dedicated to HCG and there are some GREAT recipes for P2. I found it 1/2 way thru my 35 day P2 (I am currently P3).

    As reading your blog you talked about dry hands - that is from the lack of oils/fats you aren't consumming right now. I never thought my hands could be drier..boy was I wrong - on P2 they were crazy dry!

    As for an apple day, I did one apple day on P2 and only got 3 down. Got tired of sweetness. I bought 3 different varieties so the didnt all taste the same :)

    Well, you are doing fantastic!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love what you wrote. Keep the faith the weight WILL come off!
    XOXO
    www.cb9094.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete