Tuesday, April 7, 2009

R1P2 VLCD #9

Hello, my people! :)
So sorry I missed posting yesterday, I was very busy. I tried today to post earlier today, but my computer froze in the middle and I had to shut down without saving the post. Anyway, we're here now, right? So lets get on with it!
Yesterday was a loss of .8, and this morning was .2..... AGAIN! I am getting sick of the .2 thing! It has now happened to me 3 times, and it has been every other day. Do we see a pattern here? I am going to give you all the stats so far, and you tell me:
3/31 3.6
4/1 2.8 (why can't we do these first two again? That would be fabulous!)
4/2 1.0
4/3 0.2
4/4 1.2
4/5 0.2
4/6 0.8
4/7 0.2
-----------
Total: 10 lbs (but don't forget I gained 2.6 while loading. Maybe I need to stop reminding myself of that!?)

I am going to predict that tomorrow will be somewhere around a pound (maybe a little less, maybe a little more)... if that turns out to be right, maybe this IS my pattern of losing. Interesting.
I have been reading a lot and I am thinking maybe I am eating too much beef. Some people say they lose much more slowly if they eat beef more than a couple times a week. I have been eating it every day. I really like me some beef. But I am going to try to limit it and see if it helps speed up the losses.
I am also considering limiting or giving up chapstick. (AAAAAAAAGH! Anyone who knows me knows this is huge!) But I won't try that until I try cutting back on the beef. I have looked everywhere for an oil free chapstick and I just don't think they exist. I don't know if I can live for a day let alone weeks without my lip fix. You will all definitely hear if I decide to resort to that.
Today I went to lunch with my co-workers. I had already eaten my own lunch I had packed. My friends convinced me to go along and get some water and socialize. I wasn't reallly looking forward to it... they were going to the Brick Oven, a yummy pizza, salad and pasta place. But I decided to go. I don't think my life should stop just because I'm doing this diet. It turned out to be just fine. The food looked and smelled good, but I didn't feel hungry or deprived. I focused more on the conversation and was satisfied with the experience. I even took my orange with me from lunch in case I felt the need to eat, but I never even got it out.
Well, those are the highlights of today. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring some good news!
More later!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you to go out to eat AND had it be successful!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    ( I am to chicken to try that yet..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I came to visit you and you were on the phone, I was on my way to the lunch, I was hoping to get some words of wisdom from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember, some people diet faithfully for weeks and only lose a pound or two. So, 10 pounds should make you feel good.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula-you are so right. You and I have both been through the dieting for weeks (and exercising!) with very little to show for it. It is great to be here after just a little over a week. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete