Thursday, April 16, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #18

My weight this morning is the same as yesterday. I'm OK about it, I've had some good losses in the past few days, and hey, it's not a gain. I kind of experimented yesterday. I ate fat free cottage cheese for lunch (no veggie, an apple, and a grissini to go along with it). For dinner I had one whole egg and 3 egg whites, boiled, along with lettuce with vinegar/water/stevia dressing, an orange and a grissini. I also had a bite of cottage cheese last night... I'll tell you why later. Anyway, the reason this was an experiment was because in the diet, eggs are OK to be used occasionally, and cottage cheese also. And I happened have them both, for the first time, in the same day. I have no idea if that would have made me not lose weight today, I guess its possible. I was pretty busy yesterday, going and doing fun stuff with my mom and kids, and those foods were just so quick and convenient. I was also feeling a little burned out on beef, chicken and fish. The cottage cheese tasted really good, since I haven't had any dairy (other than 1T milk a day sometimes) in over 2 weeks. But it was a little disappointing to see that 100g (the allowed amount) is less than half a cup. I ended up eating a half cup. I could easily eat a whole carton of cottage cheese in one sitting, so that took some restraint.
Last night I had my first experience of feeling really hungry since starting. I went swimming with my mom and kids after dinner, and I don't know about you, but I have always felt hungry after swimming for some reason. It's probably psychological, I don't know. But when we got home at about 8, my kids were wanting food (apparently swimming makes them hungry too) so I warmed them some chicken soup (Bolivian style, that Jorge makes and it is SOOOOOO good). I was having a really hard time not eating some. It has big rigatoni noodles in it, big chunks of potatoes, and is seasoned to perfection. I have to admit, I did lick a little of the broth off my finger. MMMMM. In an effort to stop feeling so hungry, I took a bite of fat free cottage cheese. I watched LOST, which created a distraction, and drank some herbal tea. Then I went to bed. I was pretty grumpy... I do not like to feel hungry! (who does when you don't have an option to eat?) But when I woke up this morning I felt fine and normal, and I am just now eating lunch. But I can tell you one thing for sure... I don't think I will go swimming again while on the 500 calories. At least not after I have already eaten all my food for the day!
So there you go. Let's hope I have a nice loss to report tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. 15 pounds! GREAT~!!! It's so interesting to watch it all unfold isn't it? It's also amazing that a spoon of cottage cheese feels like you are TOTALLY cheating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber- Grissini is a type of breadstick from Italy... on the diet it's either that or a melba toast. I wanted to answer by saying it's the gristle from a piece of chicken though, cause that's kind of what it sounds like. Gross! :)
    Trish- Thanks! I am interested to know where you're at now. I think last time I heard was 25? You are getting close to moving onto the next phase...when?

    ReplyDelete