Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some things to think about

I know I already posted today, but I have been thinking about some stuff that I will probably forget unless I write it down. So I will share it with you!
A couple days ago, I posted about the hard time I was having with the emotional side of eating. I was just thinking today, what a truly amazing opportunity this is for me... and I want to take full advantage of it. I read something another HCG dieter wrote... "The HCG takes away the physical battle (hunger) and frees me up to fight the emotional battle (eating for any reason other than hunger)"... how true!
I remember when we were dating, Jorge told me that he wished there was a pill we could take that would fulfill all our nutritional needs, and then we wouldn't have to worry about eating. Are you kidding me? That would be awful! I love to eat! Why can't I be more like my husband? But that is kind of what is going on with me now... temporarily. My body gets most of its food from my fat stores, and I get absolutely no taste, texture, full filling in my tummy, etc... the enjoyable things that go along with eating.
While I wouldn't want to live this way permanently, it really is freeing me up to recognize, analyze and figure out what my relationship with food has been, is, and what changes need to be made. I don't want this to be a quick fix. Well, I do want the weight to come off quick :)... what I mean is, I know I have to make some major life changes after the weight comes off so I can keep it off, and be free from weight problems. What other time in my life would be better than now to really do some work on myself so that when the hunger *does* come back, and the food *is* allowed, I will be able to act like a healthy sane person.
There were some other things I was thinking about, but I already forgot what they were (I had the thoughts while driving... it happens to me all the time... the light turns on in my brain on the road and by the time I'm home, I can't remember what my great idea was)....
So that's all for now. Thanks for "listening" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment