Sunday, April 19, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #21 (3 weeks!)

Hi everyone-
Well, today was a loss of .6... Which brings the total to 15.2. I considered doing an apple day but decided against it because today there *was* a loss that took me .2 below my lowest weight. I am really really REALLY hoping to see something more in the morning. Please, kind scale! Let's be friends again! I might still do an apple day tomorrow depending on what I find at the weigh in.
So today I have been hungrier and more irritable by far than any other day I have been on this diet. Hungry as in thinking about all the stuff I will be able to have on the next phase, which is still 20 something days away. It's better to stay busy and distracted, it never was a good diet strategy to focus on all that you can't have.
I think the irritability has been mostly due to my frustration with the scale. I imagine that if I had seen a loss of 1 or more lbs this morning, my mood might be a little different. I also have a lot of stress looming over me, as this is the last week of school... lots of papers due. And I have a pretty busy week at work coming up that I am not totally prepared for. The only things I have really been doing this weekend are 1- homework and 2-ruminating over the lack of weight lost in the past few days. Not a recipe for a very happy camper, ya think?!
On a brighter note, I joined a website today - http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/... It is loaded with resources about the HCG protocol. I browsed some pretty creative recipes that are legal on this phase (can't wait to try some of them!) and also some before and after pics, which are simply amazing. It is inspiring to see the way others have changed in response to this diet, and it helps me keep truckin along.
Well, I'm off to make dinner. Hmmm, should I have ground beef with lettuce or chicken and spinach? Decisions, decisions!
More tomorrow...

UPDATE (a few hours later)
Almost time for bed! Yeah! Since my post was kind of a downer, I thought I would share some happy things!
Happy thing #1: Friday I discovered an herbal tea that is so good, it feels like its wrong to drink it while dieting. Its English Toffee flavored (Celestial Seasonings brand), and I swear, it really tastes like toffee! I add Truvia (powdered stevia/erythritol) to it and it is SO good! I have been drinking quite a lot. In fact, I'm drinking it right now. Ii want to get some of the chocolate flavored stevia and add that for a chocolate toffee taste. Doesn't that sound downright sinful?
As far as I know, tea is fair game and can be consumed in unlimited quantities on this diet... if someone knows better you better tell me soon!
Happy thing #2: I made a very yummy treat tonight. Sprinkled a peeled, sliced apple with Truvia and cinnamon, and then cooked on the stove for a few minutes until they were tender. Added a little water too, which made the truvia/cinnamon and apple juices blend into a syrupy type sauce. This time was just the right amount of cinnamon... it was SO good! Like an apple pie! The only bad thing was for a moment I imagined having it with icecream... but I still enjoyed it all the same! It was especially good with the toffee tea!
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment