Wednesday, April 29, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #31

Wow, 31 days down! A whole month! And guess what. I am DONE with school for 4 whole months! What a huge relief~!!!!!!
Today the scale stayed exactly the same as yesterday. I really am fine with it and have been expecting things to slow down, at least temporarily. This past week, I have had amazing losses. Not only on the scale, but I can see my body shrinking. It's awesome and a little strange! In a good way! 3 days ago I took measurements, and did it again today. I had gotten smaller in those 3 days (yes, days!)! My waist was down 1/4" (total: 4"), bust 1 1/4" (total: 4.5"), chest 1 1/4" (total 5"), and hips 1" (total 3 3/4") (the hips part is the most exciting as I have been asking my body to please start removing from that area! :). I think its absolutely incredible. Today while I was walking out of my office, I had a feeling that I haven't had in a long time. A sense of health and wellness and really being on my way to the me who I really am. It's hard to explain. I felt that way when I was having success with Weight Watchers, and it is a great feeling. I am so thankful to be out of that hole of despair about my weight that I have felt stuck in for sooooo long.
I am trying to prepare myself for the next phase because it is only 2 weeks away. I find it hard to believe that I felt the need to eat so much fast food and junk before starting this. I remember feeling like there weren't any other options. What? That is a huge thinking error! There is such a huge variety of healthy foods out there, that can be combined in delicious ways! I am so excited to try some of the low carb recipes I have come across. I am also excited to start exercising at the gym. I really want to start weight training and doing cardio to really help tone my muscles.
But I am trying not to focus on that stuff *too* much, because it *is* still 2 weeks away. As the weight comes off, I get about a million questions from those who want to know how I'm losing weight. I have referred some of them to this blog and assume that the more weight I lose, the more questions I will get. Therefore, I am going to really work on getting some links posted to essential things for people wondering about the HCG protocol to read. If you are thinking of doing this diet, it is so important to fully research it and understand as much as you can about it. The most important thing to read and understand is the "Pounds and Inches" manuscript written by Dr. Simeons. It is free... It's kind of long but not difficult. Especially if you are overweight. Dr. Simeons was an incredible physician and while reading his manuscript, you can feel his compassion for those who struggle with obesity. As far as I know, he himself was never obese, but he spent his whole 40 year career researching and working toward a solution to this problem. It really is an interesting read. I will post a link to it, but if you read this before I do, you can google "Pounds and Inches" and you will find several places where you can read it. Don't pay for it... it is free.
It's also important to know that as you research this protocol, you will run into those who say that it doesn't work. There is research that both "proves" and "disproves" this method. Its important to use your critical thinking skills to evaluate the information you find, and make your own conclusions instead of just believing everything that everybody says.
Well, I think that's about it for today! More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, COuld you ever believe that you could loose that much in such a short amount of time. That is wonderful and I am glad for you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete