Wednesday, April 8, 2009

R1P2 VLCD #10

Well, folks, I was right about what I would lose today... it turned out to be 1 pound even. 11 pounds down, 49 to go! In keeping with my pattern, I am expecting a small loss tomorrow... something like .2 and I won't let it bother me. I figured out last night that if I continue in "my" pattern until the end, I will reach my goal of 30 lbs for this round (which will end mid-May). After I figured that out I was feeling pretty good. But most people have some days where they don't lose any weight at all, and it seems to be normal. Like the body is trying to catch up with all the changes going on. Well, we will see... I will control what I can and let nature do the rest!
Today has been good. I got pretty tired around 5 but then caught my second wind just in time to make dinner for myself and the family. It wasn't like I was weak from hunger or anything like that, I just felt the urge to go take a snooze. It's funny, because earlier today I was telling a friend that its crazy but since I started this process, I haven't even felt like I needed a nap (which is weird for me. I have always felt the need for a nap).
My clothes are fitting different. I don't think anyone else can tell yet, but I can. The sad thing is, they are FITTING me now, as opposed to a couple weeks ago when I was still wearing them and being in denial that I needed a bigger size. I am really hoping that in another week or so, I can move down to the next size in my closet. I really can't wait to wear the size 8 stuff I wore 4 years ago, before I got pregnant. Hopefully, by the middle of summer, that's where I'll be. Woo hoo!
Tonight I tried something new with my apple. I peeled and sliced it, put it in a small baking dish and sprinkled the slices with cinnamon. I ground up my melba toast for the meal, mixed it with cinnamon, and put it on top of the apples. I then mixed some Stevia in water and poured it over the whole thing to add some moisture and sweetness. Then I baked the whole concoction for about 30 minutes. Oh, I also sprinkled some nutmeg on the whole thing. It was pretty good, but next time I won't add so much cinnamon. There is such a thing as TOO MUCH. But I will definitely try it again. Next time, I think I might also make the melba into a crust under the apples instead of on top. I read somewhere that's good. How exciting is my life, trying to think of creative ways to eat melba toast and an apple? ha ha
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but liquid Stevia is really helping me drink a lot of water, which is always important, but especially on this diet. My favorite is to add the rootbeer flavored to my water bottle... then it tastes like diluted flat rootbeer. Which I happen to like. They have lots of flavors that sound good... grape, orange, apricot. I have orange, which is pretty good, but I like the rootbeer better. For those of you who haven't heard of Stevia, it is a natural sweetener that comes from a leaf. It comes in liquid or powder, and I have only seen it sold in health food stores. In addition to making my water more palatable, I have also heard a rumor that it helps "move things along" in the digestive tract, if you know what I mean. And unlike many on this diet who say they have constipation issues, that hasn't been the case for me at all. I know, maybe that is too much information, but really, if it can help someone else out there, its worth saying. :)
I think that's a great note to end on. More later!

4 comments:

  1. First of all, have you noticed that we have the same blog background? We must be related or something. Also, I cleaned out my closet today and I have some jeans you might want. They're size 8, (but on the big side for 8's). They're all Levis and Gap brands. Let me know if you want them. It won't be long before you're sportin' the cute jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brookey,
    This liquid Stevia rootbeer stuff. Where do you get it? Does it come already mixed? Keep it up! I'm really trying to stay on a diet regimen with you although I'm not taking HCG- and I'm eating more than 500 calories!! I'm just doing Spark People and trying to log all my food and exercise.
    I admire your sticktoittiveness!!!! I knew I would get a spell check on that word.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,
    They sell Stevia in healthfood stores. I got mine at the Sunflower market but have also seen it at the Good Earth... I don't know if you have those particular health food stores there but I'm sure you have seen or heard of one around you. Just go in and ask where the Stevia is. If you aren't able to find it I know you can order it online. The brand I buy is "Sweet Leaf". It is a liquid. If you don't buy that brand, be sure to check the nutritional information as some others add carbs to theirs.
    Good job on the Spark People! I think that is a really great resource to use. Are you getting the results you want?
    Wish you could have been here for Easter...
    Love,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    I swear I already responded to you, but here goes again. I would LOVE your size 8's! How does it feel to be too skinny for size 8? :)
    That's funny about the blog background. It is funny to see all the ways we do things the same without even knowing.
    Love you!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete