Saturday, April 4, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #6

Hi folks!
Today the scale showed 1.2 more pounds gone, gone, gone! ...I'm 6.2 lbs lighter than I was a week ago.... I like it!!!
In order to avoid problems with developing immunity to the shots, you are supposed to skip one shot every 7 days. So I didn't have my normal morning poke in the thigh. The HCG is still in my system, so I have not had any problems with hunger. Well, I did get hungry once, but for an entirely different reason.
I took the kids to McDonalds and toted along my chicken, cucumber and apple (some people in McD were looking at me a little strange. oh well.) Unfortunately the cucumber was VERY bitter and yucky, so I didn't eat it (I miss cucumbers from Grandma and Grandpa's garden. They were so GOOD).
Anyway, it's amazing how much of a difference the vegetable part of the meal makes, because I was ready to eat dinner a little before 5, instead of 6, which is what I have been doing all week. I told Jorge I was going to eat a whole pound of asparagus for dinner, because while I was cooking it I was so hungry:) He didn't believe I could or would eat it all, and he was right. I ate about half and was full. Very fibrous and filling asparagus is! It was good.
I had orange roughy (fish) with my asparagus for dinner. Scrump-didly-icious! It tastes like its cooked in butter, but of course it's not. I baked it in lemon juice, with a little garlic powder, dill and sea salt on top. I'm thinking this is what I will eat at the big Easter dinner next week. It is so good and really feels like a treat! Tonight I also tried making my orange into an "Orange Julius". I put the peeled orange sections in the blender with some crushed ice, vanilla and stevia. I don't know if I should really have vanilla... the recipe said to use vanilla flavored stevia which I haven't bought yet. But I took a risk. And it was REALLY good... it sure wouldn't have been the same without the vanilla flavor. I am definitely going to have that again!

I really can't believe how good I feel. Last night I realized this is the first time in a very long time that I feel in control of myself, instead of feeling controlled by food and the negative effects it has on my body. The food I am eating is healthy and not causing huge ups and downs in my blood sugar. I never feel stuffed. And last, but certainly not least, I am shrinking...
More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment