Sunday, April 26, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #28

The scale went down again! .8 today, for a total of 21.4. I told Jorge last night that I wasn't expecting to lose today for two reasons. One is that I have never lost on a Sunday so far, which is the day after I skip my shot every week (I thought maybe that had something to do with it, but didn't know). Two is that my loss yesterday was so great, I just didn't expect my body to give anymore today. But it did! And I am happy!
Last night Jorge and I went out to Red Lobster for our anniversary. As a splurge, I decided to save my veggie from lunch and have 2 veggies at dinner (I have never mixed vegetables, as per the protocol), but I really wanted to have the salad (lettuce, anyway), and also a side with my crab. So I ordered the salad, and the waitress told me one of the choices was balsamic vinegar... I said "is it just vinegar?" and she said yes. When she brought me the "vinegar" it was most definitely not only vinegar (very thick and oily looking) ... she went to check and came back to say that it had olive oil and some other type of oil in it. Of course! I ended up asking for lemon wedges, and used lemon juice, salt and pepper as a dressing (it was yummy, surprisingly!). Of course I gave my croutons to Jorge. And left the tomato slices and cucumbers... I wasn't brave enough to add even more vegetables to my meal since I was already mixing two. For my main course I ordered 1.5 lbs of crab and steamed asparagus, no butter. Earlier in the day I found something online that said snow crab yields 17% meat, so I figured out that 1.5 lbs was 4.08 oz of meat. I shared some with Jorge and called it good! It was so yummy, even without dipping it in butter like I usually do. And of course the asaparagus was delish... even after all the asparagus I have eaten in the past 28 days, I still love it! Sometimes I even crave it! So glad it is allowed on this diet.
So after dinner we did something kind of weird... we went over to Gold's gym and went to the sauna. I have been wanting to go... have heard that as fat is released so are toxins, and going to a sauna helps to clear them out. So we sat in the dry sauna for about 20 minutes, and then went in the steam sauna for another 15-20 minutes. I took my water with me knowing that it was very important to stay hydrated... but my water even got hot after awhile! Anyway, it was a good night, we had fun and it was nice to go out to dinner and do something (sort of) normal even with being on such a strict diet!
I don't think I've mentioned on this blog my "cheating dreams" (I know, that sounds oh so bad ;).... I have had several dreams (or nightmares) where I ate something that was not allowed, and then after the fact realized what I had done. And I was *so* upset each time, knowing it was going to set me back several days of progress. Well, last night I had a dream where I was at some kind of a church function (dinner), sitting at the table waiting to be served, when it suddenly dawned on me "hey I'm on P2! There is no way what they are serving is on my diet!" so I got up and left! I think that's progress in my dreamland... I went from being totally unconscious of what I was doing in the previous dreams to being empowered to stop eating something I shouldn't before I did! As a therapist in training, I have become a believer that our dreams are a way that our brain works things out of our subconsicous. I'm not saying that *every* dream has deep meaning, but I really do think that these recurrent dreams are something my mind is working on while I am asleep.
Well, folks, I think that is about it for today. I hope you all have a great day!
More later...

2 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one having 'the dreams' I've had a couple.... usually involving chocolate.... boy am I relieved when I wake up and realize that I haven't cheated! Sounds like your doing awesome! Keep up all your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny about your dreams. I have those sometimes even without dieting. LOL..You did really good on your night out.I have not had to eat out as of yet. You never know what they put in the food. Congrats on your Sunday loss!

    ReplyDelete