Sunday, April 5, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #7

Well folks, I have made it through a full week of the very low calorie diet. Yeah! Only 6 more to go. Hmmm, that still sounds like a lot!
Today I lost .2 A little disappointing. But I have to remember that the weight loss is going to average .5-1lb a day. Some days will be small and some days will be more. I just need to keep on keepin on. 6.4 lbs gone from this body, hopefully more after today! More than 1/2 way to 10!
Today I went to a family dinner for the first time since starting this diet. And it was fine! Everyone was eating taco salad. I brought my own very lean ground beef that I had measured, seasoned and cooked to stay on the plan. I put it on top of romaine lettuce. It was actually really good! Sure the tortilla chips, cheese, etc looked good. As did the brownies, ice cream, and apple pie (thanks Grandma! ha ha) But truly, I was satisfied. I ate an orange while everyone else ate dessert. I even shared some with my sweet little niece, which I wouldn't have considered doing a week ago!
I will say, I do miss cheese! I made Jeffrey a quesadilla tonight and the cheese looked and smelled REALLY good. I'm glad I can have it on Phase 3....
Anyway, I feel like this blog is getting a little boring. I will try to think of something new and exciting to say for tomorrow. :) Something like, "I can't believe it, I lost 5 lbs in one day!" Now wouldn't that be exciting? Let's hope...
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke,
    Glad to hear of your successes and it is not boring. Keep it up. I like hearing about the different ways you are eating your 500 calories, and what your challenges are.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete