Sunday, April 12, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends (and family)

Hey all,
I know I already posted today. But there is something I just have to tell you all. My sweet little grandma, who has recently purchased and is using a computer for the first time in her 80-something years, has been reading this blog (today she told me she checks it every few minutes... Hi grandma!)... Anyway, she called me this afternoon before the family was going to get together at my mom's. Do you know what she called to tell me? "Honey, if you'll fix me a plate of your food, I want to eat what you're eating today"... She then proceeded to tell me that she could tell I have feeling down from my posts and she didn't want me to feel bad at dinner not eating what the others had.
It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. It was such a gesture of genuine love and concern.
I reassured Grandma that I would be happy to make her some fish if she really wanted it, but that it wasn't necessary for her to sacrifice her delicious Easter dinner, because I was going to be fine.
The fact that my Grandma actually thought to offer to eat my food is one of the nicest things anyone has ever offered to do for me. Thank you so much Grandma.
My other Grandma was also at the family get together. After dinner, just my two grandma's and I, talked at the kitchen table for quite awhile. It was so nice and I felt so loved and supported by both of them. I am so lucky to have both of my Grandma's a part of my life as an adult. Many of my friends haven't had their grandparents around for many years. I feel so blessed and I hope they both know that.
Also, I think they are both super cool for braving the world of computers and the internet so they can keep up with their families in this high tech age! I love you, Grandma's! (or as we affectionately refer to them in our family "The Grands")

ps Easter came and went and I stuck to the protocol. I did cheat a very tiny bit, but Jorge thinks its silly to even consider it a cheat. I used the juice from one lemon on my fish, and then, for dinner, drank water that my mom had squeezed lemon juice into. On the protocol, you are allowed "the juice of one lemon daily". I know it sounds trivial, but I am really trying to stick to things exactly. Dr. Simeons spent so many years testing things by trial and error, and I don't think its worth doing this unless you are going to do it all the way. So there, cheat acknowledged.
pss Jorge told me tonight he knows I am burning fat because he can smell ketosis on my breath. Hmmm, should I be offended or feel complimented? Too bad I can't use breath mints on this protocol.
psss 2 weeks down, 4 to go!
More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment