Monday, April 13, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #15

Hi all...
Just a quick update... this morning showed a loss of 1.4- that is good, but still doesn't take off all the gain from yesterday (still have .2 left)... But that's OK, it's substantially gone. So I will just move forward from here. As of right now total loss is 13. Only 2 lbs to 15, which is only 5 pounds from 20! OK, I know, I am getting ahead of myself.
I am going to consider yesterday and today a "plateau", and if it continues for a couple more days, I will do an "apple day". On the apple day, you are allowed to eat up to 6 apples and that is all the food for the day. I know it probably doesn't sound that great to all of you, but I am even considering doing it today because I really don't feel like eating meat and veggies. I am feeling kind of burned out by my choices. I haven't decided for sure yet though because I don't know if I have truly "plateaued". I'll decide by lunchtime, and if I choose to go that route I will have to go buy some apples, because I'm at work and today I brought an orange!
I have read that stalling in the 3rd week is quite normal, and Saturday began my 3rd week of shots (today starts the 3rd week of VLCD). The apple day is described by Dr. Simeon as a psychological fix to a normal physiological plateau. A lot of water is released the day following an apple day and there is usually a 1-2 lb loss the next day. He also says that the days following the apple day typically show a break from the plateau in more losses.
Don't worry people. As you probably know, you will get a full report on apple day if I decide to do it. Just one more look into my fairly boring personal details! :)
Thanks to all those who read my blog. I think I know who most of you are and I appreciate your support!
More later...

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I got your blog from the yahoo group and wanted to let you know I've started reading it. You and I are both in Utah I see!

    I'm in P4 but I do update almost daily on mine as well if you're interested:

    http://journeytomeviahcg.blogspot.com

    I love what your Grandma did for you yesterday. That just warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You certainly may cut and paste and have that conversation with your bod! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke, here I am on vacation reading your blog!! My guys are all eating chips and watching basketball, so I'm ignoring them and reading your uplifting information. Hope you continue to have a good week! Great job over Easter and your Grandma sounds like a sweetheart!!
    ( I'm down 25.... I'm studying and preparing for the three weeks after the hcg shots so that I am very prepared.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish! 25!?! that is so incredibly awesome! How much longer do you have to go? Great job staying on track on vacation... I know you were worried about spring break!
    I think its really important to know what you're doing going into P3, good idea getting prepared like that.
    Are you off all week? I came by your office yesterday but then remembered.... spring break!
    25! You have really been moving a long since I saw you last week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete