Saturday, April 25, 2009

R1P2 VLCD #27


If yesterday's loss of .6 was good news, today feels like I've won the lottery...

2.2! gone! vanished! vamoos!

I couldn't believe it! I weighed myself 4-5 times because I didn't believe it. I still can't believe it. Can you believe it?
Obviously I am thrilled. Especially because this brings me to a total loss of 20.6... 20 lbs is a huge milestone for me! Soooooooooooooo happy! I am a third of the way to my goal people!
I'm not sure why I had such a great result but I am going to keep doing what I have been the past couple of days. Something I forgot to mention yesterday is that I decided 2 days ago to cut way down on the calorie free sweeteners stevia and truvia. Stevia is allowed on this diet, and Truvia is a brand of Stevia that is also mixed with Erythritol. But I realized that I was using ALOT. I was putting the flavored Stevia into almost all my water, herbal tea, and on fruit sometimes. I am still putting it in the tea and on strawberries, but I am really trying not to put it in my water. Who knows, maybe that is making a difference. It makes sense to me. They say that Diet Coke, though calorie free, causes weight gain in some because of what it does to blood sugar levels. I wonder if the same could be true for stevia. Either way, moderation is always a good thing.
Also, after weighing all my food yesterday, I was at 499 cal before I had my last piece of fruit. Decision made, I didn't have it. I had a cup of Vanilla Hazelnut herbal tea as a treat instead. It was good, but not as good as the English Toffee flavor... mmmmmmm. I am thinking that I was *probably* going over the 500 cal a lot in the past, even though I was eating only the foods I was supposed to. Strawberries, for example, are low calorie but start to add up quickly (especially when you are limited to 500/day). And yesterday I had quite a few strawberries at lunch (10 oz I think).
I started tracking my calories at Fitday. It's free and seems to be a great resource. You type in the food you ate, select an amount, and it calculates all the nutritional information, and keeps it recorded in a daily journal. It's a lot like SparkPeople, which is also great. It's just that I have two different accounts at SparkPeople for some reason, and it gets really confusing. I don't know how to fix it, and some of my stuff is entered on one account, and some on the other. Therefore, Fitday is where I'm going to track from now on.
Anyway, that's my super awesome report for today people. Yip-dee-doo!

7 comments:

  1. As the great wise Biz would say...WoooHooo!! Keep it up!

    www.cb9094.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I will have to see if stevia affects me to. For some reason it seems to help me get through so much water during the day. you are right moderation is key. everything doesn't have to be sweet. congrats on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS
    I hope you dont mind that I snagged your happy dance pic... I have a happy dance of my own today =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody! And to 40 lbs 40 days of course you can use the picture! Glad you are doing a happy dance too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about the stevia. I may have been using too much of it the first round. Thanks for posting that info. WTG on the loss! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete