Friday, April 3, 2009

Hey everyone! I don't know if anyone is reading this blog, but I will keep writing even if it is only just for me! :)
Today I had a loss of .2. That brings me to 5 lbs lost in 4 days of VLCD. Not bad! .2 is not all that exciting, but that's OK... I'll take any loss.
Today, more than anything, I am feeling impatient. The 40 or so days I have left really aren't that long... I'm not suffering with hunger or cravings. I just want to get further down the road and see the losses! I think this diet is about the closest you can get to instant weight loss gratification, so how sad is it, that I am *still* feeling impatient.
I have cooked a few times for my family while on this protocol, and have been fine. Tonight I will have a house full of kids, and the thought crossed my mind to make cookies for them to have after dinner. Hmmm. Is that like an addict in rehab going to visit the dealer? Or maybe, being the dealer without intending to use? ha ha. I don't know that I want to tempt fate since I am feeling so good and in control. But maybe I *need* to do something like that to show myself that I can! Maybe I'll just go to the grocery store and buy them a treat so I don't have to make it. Or maybe, just maybe, they can just go without a treat! ha ha
More later...

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog! I'll follow you ....
    oh the day I didn't do so well, I had three fruits on accident. Just a crazy day: work , kids activities, etc.. and just lost count. So I'm thinking they may have been the reason???
    keep up the good work and I say NO TREAT FOR THE KIDDOS! :) j/k. They do love treats, so just buy it, don't tempt fate is my suggestion.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    I am reading faithfully everyday. I am pulling for you maybe in a selfish way- I want so bad to try it too, I'm just nervous about it. I don't know if I have the will power. Anyway, keep it up and write down any and everything. We're out here listening!
    Love,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,
    I am so glad you are still reading :)
    I just want you to know that for me, this diet is not taking will power. I am truly not hungry, and I am enjoying the food I do eat. I think commitment is a much more accurate word for what I'm doing than will power. And awareness. Making sure I don't stick something in my mouth out of habit (such as while I am cooking for the kids) and stuff like that.
    I understand being scared...I was terrified my first day of the diet (and the days leading up to it). But the HCG really works! I couldn't just do this on my own... I love to eat too much!
    Love, Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love the saying that Greg says after singing in a smoky bar- "And remember, if you're gonna drive remember to take your car."
    Good job Brooke.

    ReplyDelete