Saturday, April 11, 2009

R1P2 VLCD #13

Happy Easter everybody!
This will be quick, because I have got to get myself and the kids ready to go to an easter egg hunt. Fun, fun!
First, the numbers. Yesterday I lost .2 (disappointed because I thought it was going to be a day for a 1 lb or so. Looks like my pattern isn't really there anymore!?) But today I was happy to see 1.4 gone! That brings the grand total to 13.2lbs/11 days of VLCD. Woo hoo.
Last night was kind of interesting. We normally go out to eat as a family every Friday or Saturday night. Jorge and the kids still wanted to go, so I dropped the kids off to him at the restaraunt and I went shopping while they ate. Kind of weird, I know. I was fine with it. But Jeffrey wasn't. When I explained that I wouldn't be going out to eat with them for the next month, he got kind of upset. He said he likes me the way I am and doesn't want me to be on a diet. It made me sad that it was so upsetting to him, but I just kept reassuring him that I am doing this so I can be more healthy and have more energy, etc.... He got over it after a few minutes. Then, when he came out of the restaraunt he offered me a piece of candy. I said "no thank you" and he said "WHY?" I said "remember my special diet?" He said "oh" and that was that. I never really thought about this diet affecting my kids at all, so that was just kind of interesting.
Well, I better get moving... the kids want their breakfast!
More later...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing I start tomorrow I am also in Utah and when you mentioned the Brick Oven I was so there. Keep writing as I think it will help me stay focused and know that I am not alone.
    Thanks again and Good Luck,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete