Tuesday, April 21, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #23-Happy 8th Anniversary to Jorge and I!


First, a little shout out to my husband, who may or may not read this. Today is our 8th anniversary and I just want to say I am so glad I married you Jorge! I love our life together and I am looking forward to the years to come! And thank you for your support as I follow the HCG protocol! Yesterday while I was doing apple day, Jorge took the kids out to dinner, which meant I didn't have to deal with making or watching them eat dinner last night. He is also the first to tell me when he notices that I have lost weight in different areas of my body... he certainly knows better than anyone else! I love you Jorge! Happy Anniversary to us!

OK, now moving on...
The following is taken directly from Dr. Simeon's manuscript, Pounds and Inches..."The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily."

The point I want to emphasize here is the "gratifying loss of weight", which indeed, I have experienced as a result of yesterdays apple day. 2.4 lbs gone this morning, baby! I don't think you can get any more gratifying than that, as far as a one day loss goes! This brought me into my next weight "decade" which I have been wanting so very badly to see. (you know, the next group of ten)...

I know it is primarily water, and we will see what tomorrow brings, but this is what I needed psychologically, I needed to see some progress. Hopefully my body will do what Dr. Simeons said, and will not regain that weight and continue to lose tomorrow.

One other thing... I took my measurements yesterday, because so many HCG'ers have told me that often, while at a plateau, they have continued to lose inches. While the results weren't a dramatic difference between yesterday and 5 days prior, there was some progress. 3/4" off the bust, 1/4" off the chest, and 1/2" off the right thigh (hopefully the left thigh experienced the same thing...ha ha!)

So now the total is up to 17.8lbs, and 17.5 inches woo-hoo!~ Isn't it crazy how those two numbers are almost exactly the same?
More later...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Brooke. You and Jorge are so cute!! Wow, 17 pounds. That's awesome. When are we gonna see pictures!!
    Love ya,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Apple day!! XOXO-cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! Your back on the move down, keep it going you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent, you are doing so well. It is very inspirational to watch you loose weight the way you are. Keep it up girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete