Thursday, April 23, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #25

Well folks, the scale is exactly the same as yesterday, which was exactly same as the day before. Hmmmm. Interesting and a little perplexing. I am trying to take it in stride and have faith that my body knows what its doing, and that it's doing what is best for me! I bought some ketostix so that when I *am* staying the same scale wise, I can still check and (hopefully) see some evidence that my body is still burning fat (in a state of ketosis). I have checked a couple times (by peeing on the little strip of paper) since I bought the sticks two days ago and each time I have they have shown my body as being in ketosis. That's a good thing. For those of you reading who may not know what that means, here's a link to some information about ketosis and how it relates to weight loss (click on the green word "ketosis", Grandma! :) If you're wondering where to get ketostix, I just asked at the Wal-Mart pharmacy, and they had them behind the counter. It was about $6 for 50 strips.
I can't believe I have completed more than half of this round of the diet. I have about 20 more days to go. I had *really* hoped to see a 30 lb loss this round, but don't know if that is still feasible with the way my body keeps stalling. I can still hope, but I think if I make it to 25, I will be satisfied. That's only 7 lbs away. C'mon body! I'll give a little, you give a little! Let's do this thing!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ketosis tip. I'll make sure to get some at wally world. LOL. I was also hoping to lose my 40lbs but I'll be happy with 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brooke I loved that poem to yourself earlier and Im certain to adapt it to how I feel in the future. This is brave very brave in so many ways to unveil who you are emotionally and physically. Your candor encourages me.
    Terri R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may need to P/U some keto sticks this time around. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete