Wednesday, April 22, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #24

Hi friends...
Well, today the scale is the same as yesterday. I am amazed that I didn't gain back any of the apple day weight, which I presumed to be mostly water. Thank you Dr S! I feel very, very satisfied today that the scale is the same. 2.4 yesterday was huge...!
A few people have commented that they can see I've lost weight. It is so very nice to get a compliment like that when I have been working so hard at this. I know that sometimes people hesitate to ever comment about weight to a woman, even if its loss they've noticed. I'm of the opinion that if you have a genuine compliment to give, do it. It might make the persons day. Side note: I *would* be very careful about mentioning anything regarding someone you know (or don't) being pregnant unless a) she is very obviously 8-9 months and about ready to pop, or b) you have been able to confirm that she is, indeed pregnant, and hasn't just gained weight. ha ha.
My friend Aymee and I were talking last night about the life changes we are hoping to incorporate as we go along this process (by the way, she has started a blog too...check it out! http://www.nomorerolls4aymee.blogspot.com). I think this part of the process (P2) is priceless. I have learned so many things about myself. I think the most important thing I have learned is that I can live on healthy food and feel quite satisfied. Healthy food tastes good and makes me feel good. Of course, in real life, I will be eating more calories. But it feels so good that everything I am putting in my mouth is healthy and good for me. I want to continue on that path. I'm not saying that I plan to never have a treat or a splurge again. But I don't want to feel out of control the way I was. I want to listen to my body and respond appropriately. I want to enjoy the things I eat while at the same time, knowing that I am promoting my health. I am very excited to get into the Phase 3 and Phase 4 of this protocol and try some real life eating. I have been looking at recipes and am anticipating trying new things.
I can't believe I am more than halfway through this round of phase 2. Crazy!
Well, that's all for now folks! You can be sure I will be back with more, later.... Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to have found your blog. I'm also on p2 on day 23 since my very first injection. I tried an apple day about 2 wks ago and hated it. I thought I was going to die! LOL. Yes I can laugh at it now... Keep up the good work! You are so right in saying its amazing the things we find out about ourselves during this phase. I am loving the transformation, body and mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete