Wednesday, April 15, 2009

P2R1 VLCD #17

I can't believe it but another pound is gone, gone, gone today! That brings the total to 15. I also did my measurements again, and I can't believe it... I have lost 16 1/2"! That is 7" more than the 9 1/2" lost as of April 11, 4 days ago. How crazy is that? The biggest losses were my chest (not bust, but right under) at 3 1/2", thighs 3 1/2" (not each but together), and waist at 3 1/4". I LIKE IT!
I love this diet! I can't believe the results I am seeing. I am no longer stuck! I have mentioned before that since my daughter was born I have not ever been able to get past the 10 lb mark, I don't even think I ever quite got up to 10lbs of loss no matter what I tried. The reason being, I would try so hard for months with just a few pounds lost, and no noticable changes in the shape or size of my body. So I would get discouraged and give up. I love that this diet provides me with the motivation to keep on keepin on. Immediate consequences for my actions.
Now I need my hips to catch up with my other shrinkage... I have lost 2" there which is small in proportion to the other losses. And that is the part of my body that bothers me the very most. So here's to hoping my body will start deciding to take some more fat off there! C'mon body, shrink those hips!
I love that I am not having issues with hunger, or cravings. Last night, I couldn't eat my whole cucumber, or my orange (I have to say though, that was one BIG cucumber! If you haven't tried an English cucumber you should. They are more expensive but so good!). I was too full. WHAT? Is that really Brooke talking?
My friend just started the diet... this is her 3rd day. We were just talking on the phone about how great it is to come to the realization that we are not going to die without all the food we used to be eating. It is so liberating. I love that I feel in control of me.
It looks like I have now lost my "freshman 15"... the weight I gained since I started my graduate program (really, I gained about 10, so I've lost a little more). I am excited to now start going down from there. I hate that I gained the weight since starting school. I have to find better ways to manage my stress when I start back in the fall. I am SO looking forward to this semester ending in 2 weeks. I need the summer to regroup, take care of myself and my family. Like I said, I just can't wait. I have 2 more big papers, 2 smaller projects, a quiz and I will be DONE!
Thanks everyone for your support and for taking time to read my updates.

6 comments:

  1. Brooke Way to go!!! Your doing awesome, I hope to catch up with you. Keep up the good work, and keep blogging you help me make it thru the next day of HCG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    That is the funniest thing, I do remember you as well. You got to have Ciara's mom on one of her days of the foster mom can do no right. *L* I think I know your husband as well did he used to work at Oakridge and then over at Provo High? If you want to email off the blog let me know and I will send you my email.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I think I will come and live with you for 45 days so you can help me!
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, Jorge remembers you too. It's a small, small world! :)
    How are you feeling on day 2 of the diet? (or is it 3?) How's life sans diet coke? Have you tried the Stevia in your water?

    Paula, I would LOVE it if you came and lived with me for 45 days. We've got an empty room right now. I don't know how Greg would feel about it. Or Lindsay- :) You can do this on your own. If I can, you can. Plus you wouldn't really be on your own. With the internet we could "talk" about it daily if you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, sorry, I forgot to tell you... I know how C's mom is and didn't for a minute think that you aren't a fabulous mom and foster mom! It's got to be hard getting that from her all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke thanks for the comment, no I haven't tried Stevia yet, where did you get it? I have been ok off diet coke, (never thought I would say that) I have a new drink at least for the next 30 days and it is Iced Tea Peach flavored, it is almost as good as diet coke.

    ReplyDelete